Green Climate Fund Readiness Programme in Uzbekistan
CCAP is partnering with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) to conduct a series of climate finance capacity building workshops in Uzbekistan. The goal of the workshops is to strengthen Uzbekistan’s engagement with the Green Climate Fund to identify, develop, and submit for financing transformational, competitive climate finance proposals.
Training 1: Engaging GCF for Climate Finance (July 2017)
- Raise awareness of GCF opportunity and how it can support national climate and development objectives;
- Strengthen understanding of GCF and its requirements and processes, and types of projects supported;
- Identify and assess key elements of transformational climate projects and programs.
Training 2: Mitigation and Adaptation to Climate Change and Project Proposal Development (August 2017)
- Strengthen capacity to identify, develop, and submit for financing transformational, competitive climate finance proposals;
- Build capacity and identify tools to assess emissions baseline and climate vulnerabilities;
- Promote strategic national planning for mitigation and adaptation, including the development of financing strategies, programs, and project proposals that align with national priorities and engage private and financial sectors.
Training 3: Climate Investment and Climate Financing (October 2017)
- Improve understanding of climate finance landscape and investment opportunities;
- Develop understanding which market and sectors can benefit from climate finance and how;
- Strengthen the ability of national stakeholders, and LFIs in particular, to identify, assess and develop a pipeline of climate-relevant investment opportunities;
- Build capacity for financial evaluation, risk assessment, and structuring of financial mechanisms and instruments;
- Provide guidance on monitoring and evaluation of climate finance;
- Identify specific program proposals to be pursued and evaluating linkages to NDCs, NAMAs and other national strategies.