Midwest CPI Policy Dialogue
1.28.14 - 1.29.14
The Center for Clean Air Policy (CCAP) brought together clean energy interests from across the Midwest region, along with representatives from industry, environmental groups and state government agencies, and had in-depth discussions that laid the groundwork for flexible approaches that can spur clean energy development as part of an effective and cost-effective compliance strategy.
Key accomplishments and insights:
- The meeting provided a solid grounding on the flexibilities permitted under the Clean Air Act.
- CCAP educated participants on approaches to advancing flexible implementation plans.
- There was strong interest in exploring options for regional coordination.
- There was near-universal concern about the short timeframe for development of state plans.
- More work is needed to understand equity impacts.
CCAP is grateful to the Johnson Foundation at Wingspread for their support of the Midwest Policy
Dialogue, including their gracious hospitality and inspiring accommodations. CCAP appreciates the Energy Foundation for their generous support of all our U.S. climate policy initiatives.
For further information, please contact Stacey Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.