Flood Resilience Workshop III: Opportunities for Flood Hazard Mitigation in the District
The Center for Clean Air Policy (CCAP), in coordination with the District Department of the Environment (DDOE), the District of Columbia Office of Planning (OP), and the District of Columbia Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency (HSEMA), hosted the third in a series of invite-only workshops on increasing the District’s resilience to flooding. This half-day workshop on November 15, 2013, focused on the opportunities and synergies for flood hazard mitigation and climate adaptation in the District.
CCAP’s Weathering Climate Risks program is made possible through generous support from the Surdna Foundation.
- Shana Udvardy, CCAP, Flood Resilience Workshop III: Opportunities for Flood Hazard Mitigation and Climate Adaptation in the District – Introduction
- Brian Baker, HSEMA, District of Columbia HSEMA: Flood Hazard Mitigation
- Hamid Karimi, DDOE, Flood Mitigation Through Green Infrastructure
- Samantha Medlock, ASFPM, No Adverse Impact Floodplain Management: Tools and Techniques to Reduce Flood Risk
- Cristina Pop and Richard Rein, FEMA R3, FY13 HMA Guidance Changes
- Maureen M. Holman and Jonathan Reeves, DC Water, Flood Hazard Mitigation at DC Water
- Laurens van der Tak, CH2M HILL, New York City Wastewater Resiliency: Climate Risk Assessment and Adaptation
- Shana Udvardy, CCAP, Adaptation – Mitigation Synergies: Connecting the Dots…